Oak Room

, , No Comments
When I get a message on a Saturday to check if I'm interested to catch up for breakfast on Sunday morning, and I already know I have a busy Sunday planned, the logical thing would be to decline the invitation. But I've never been one to embrace logic, and instead I've always opted to embrace food, so I did the most sensible thing I could think of, and suggested that we keep breakfast local. A quick scan of the internet, and minutes later I was sending a text back to say that we should meet at Oak Room in Ashburton.

Located on the busy High Street, Oak Room is a perfect place for that impromptu weekend breakfast or brunch. The menu is reasonably vego friendly, and the staff are more than happy to modify dishes to suit dietary requirements.

We started with coffees, and I went with my usual, a latte. I'm always a fan of latte art, and whilst it was traditional, I had ot remark that it was well done. Of course, latte art means nothing if the coffee doesn't taste good, and lucky Oak Room didn't disappoint.


Onto breakfast, and it is a known fact that I can't go past fritters on a menu. Oak Room did them well, Mediterranean spiced corm fritters with rocket, avocado and a tomato salsa.The fritters were deliciously crispy on the outside, just how I like them, and the pairing them with tomato and rocket worked well.


We ended up staying at Oak Room well into the lunch time rush, but the staff were great and didn't hurry us at all. This cafe is definitely one to put into the rotation, and there are a few other things on the menu that I am keen to try!

Oak Room on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment